As the developer of WhynotWebWorks it was my intent to update the directory with new responsive technologies, designs and more. I hope you enjoy the new changes made, and find it much easier to navigate through the directory. As some of you may not know WhynotWebWorks is a human edited directory and manually adds quality links to the the directory without the use of crawlers or scripts. The listings in the directory are quality hand picked links that the developer has used, used in school, shared with by colleagues and more. WhynotWebWorks as some of you know, started off as a school project and portfolio piece. It served as a place to allow me to add, build on and showcase some of new skills as a developer. At this point in time WhynotWebWorks is still a portfolio piece and continues to slowly grow. Alot of my new skills that I build on can be seen here. To read more about me, my skills and more about the directory see my About Page.
Defining The Project
Part of defining the project in the build was the establishing the need for the new build and what was needed to re-designed, re-build, add, build, designed, take away etc. For obvious reasons I continue to use WordPress as a Content Management System.
Here is a list of some of the new pieces you will notice on WhynotWebWorks
- Clean fresh design – New slider and header images have been added, they were designed in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- New logo – Created new logo to match design, look and feel and meaning of site. (also the shapes in logo form a W)
- New directory links – 234 New links were added to the directory manually bringing our total quality links to 434.
- Dead links removal – All links were gone through manually and edited or removed before listing new links.
- Revamped categories – All the directory categories have been gone through and even renamed with improved descriptions. Directory Categories now features a new search option with a drop down category list and bread crumbs for easy navigation.
- Responsive design – this allows the site be flexible and display beautifully, and easy to read on mobile devices.